Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas time is here!






Now that finals are over, I am finally free!! And I can finally focus on Christmas- the most wonderful time of the year. I have really been pondering this year why it is such a heart-warming season. The birth of Christ is celebrated all over the world, and even if the hustle and bustle of presents takes over a bit, there is still a permeating feeling of goodness, joy, love and service that really only focusing on the Son of God can bring. I really love that for a day the whole world pauses to celebrate peace, joy and love.
In Hungary, where I served my mission, instead of Santa bringing the gifts on Christmas Eve, Jezuska (baby Jesus) brings the gifts! I am so grateful that one day a year, we can sing and praise the Son of God who died for us. And even if there is a whole lot of commercialism tied in, at least we can remember, in the midst of it all, why we are celebrating. May everyone have a wonderful, Christ-filled Christmas! I hope it is full of love!!



1 comment:

The Gentry Family said...

Nice Blog man. I am offended I am not on your list of friends... I thought we were best friends...whatever! :)