Thursday, April 23, 2009

CAPSTONE!!!


    I finally heard about my CAPSTONE!  This is sort of a big deal... let me explain!
    The capstone semester is my last semester of nursing school!  Yay!  In this last semester, we apply for a clinical site where we will be "working" for the semester.  The big deal is usually that this placement generally ends up resulting in a job... HELLO!!!  HUGE!!! 
    This has been on my mind since I began school.  I am a huge planner, and from the middle of my first semester, I have had a career track in mind (with no way of knowing what would really happen) which has always been PEDIATRICS.  In my somewhat nonexistent nursing career, I have felt strongly that I should go into some basic unit- medical or surgical or both.  I have been trying to make myself look as good as I can in every way I can to get my desired placement. So, the little dream that I have concocted is to have my capstone on the Children's Medical Unit (CMU) at Primary Children's Hospital, and then hopefully go on from there with a job (keep your fingers crossed).  In this scary economy, all of my nursing school colleagues and I are aware that the ever plentiful nursing jobs aren't quite so plentiful anymore.  Needless to say, this capstone could be a huge blessing!
     Yesterday, I got my capstone letter!  I got the CMU!!  I am so excited!  I have so much to learn and do, but I am so excited!! Hooray for the plans working out (or at least phase one of the plan!).

6 comments:

The Hiatt's said...

congrats!!!!!

Diana said...

Congratulations that is wonderful news! No doubt, it pays off to work hard and I'm sure you will dazzle everyone with your skills, hard work and great attitude! I'm happy for you!

The Gentry Family said...

Awesome! Congrats!!!

Barb said...

Wahoo!

Elise said...

YAY!!! CONGRATS!!!! I'm super excited for you!!! Can't wait to hear more!!! :)

Matt, Arien, Pete and Piper said...

Congratulations Andrea!! That is great news!