So, normally my blog posts are pretty general, but I thought I'd go a little personal this time! It has been a little while since my last post. I thought I should update my little world on the happenings of me! And, turns out I need to introduce my world to my Buddy. I have recently begun (and who knows how long it will last!) to date a fellow. Here's the FYI...How we met: His nephew was my patient at the hospital a few weeks ago, and his sister decided we needed to go out. Can you believe I said yes? Who would have thunk nursing school could benefit me in ways like this?
About Buddy: His name is Chris Welcker, though his family and friends call him Buddy. He is the second of four kids in his family and the only boy (which makes him act tough- but he's really a tender fool!). He served his mission in Lubbock, Texas... and he's a little younger than me (gasp!). He is a student at the Y and a cheerleader (I know... right?). He has green eyes and brown hair, dimples and he's about as cute as can be.
Why I like him: Well, the preliminary ruling is that he is a keeper. He is a total goofball (he can just flat out make me laugh!), he is a big sweetheart (underneath the macho jock thing he's got going), he can totally handle my sass (oh man, he keeps me on my toes), and he's absolutely adorable with his neices and nephews (you should hear them call him Buddy- to die for!). Did I mention he's really quite good looking? The other highlight is he seems to like me, depite my lack of cheer skills and somewhat stubborn personality! He's nuts! I'll take it!
Drawbacks: Other than the Y Cheerleader thing? He is leaving to go to North Carolina for the summer :-( And, since you never can tell what will happen... this post is for all those who think I am a lost cause. And I may be... but we'll see what's in store for me and my Buddy.
I know there will be plenty of comments on this one! But I thought you all ask me about this part of my life anyway, so here is an actual update. No one knows how long it will last, but I am all for riding a happy wave every now and again!



8 comments:
I want to hear the latest update (probably not on the blog, though!)
:)
Yay! We love anyone who serves their mission in Lubbock! Brett served there too! Anyone that makes you happy has our vote! You better keep us updated!! Love ya!
Alright Andrea, what is wrong with North Carolina? :) It is a great place....we live there FYI. :D
I am glad to hear you are doing well and enjoying school and finding time to date. Good luck with everything.
OH MY GOOD LAWS GIRL!!! WOOOOO WEEE! Your buddy is jaw dropping!!! I would hang on to this one TIGHT!!! I am so excited! keep me UPDATED!! no battle!!!
oh! and another random comment... in the picture of buddy, he is wearing a hate that has the name of the freight company I used to work with one on one at my last job! ha ha! not that that is REALLY important... I am just sayin...
Does he have a sister named Erin!!!??? Truly wants to know.
To clarify... there is nothing wrong with North Carolina other than it is really far away. It will make it really tough to see Buddy! Love you Staci!
Thanks, Erin! I think he's pretty cute myself!
Too Fun!! Cute!! I'm excited to hear how things play out :) I sure hope he's everything you're hoping for!!! :)
Post a Comment