
Some of you may have noticed that the countdown at the bottom of the blog has timed out! That means that I am officially DONE with nursing school!! It feels great to be done and be able to do all sorts of things that I really want to do! There's only one problem... I still have the NCLEX hanging over my head!!
The NCLEX is the National Licensure exam for nurses. It is a minimal competency exam, so theoretically I should pass it with ease. The problem is that it costs $300 to take, and I have to pass it! It is standardized (boo! I can't stand standardized tests), and it is a computer adaptive test. That means that I can pass it in 75 questions (if I get them right) or I can pass it in 300 questions (if you miss questions, the test gives you easier questions and works you back up to the hard ones).
So, everyone think happy thoughts as the test inches closer... I don't know precisely when I will take it, I am waiting for authorization to test and trying to study for this nebulous icky test that is hanging over my head and preventing perfect happiness in life!



4 comments:
You will incredibly well and you'll pass with flying colors. Every time I take a national exam I stress out but then pass with flying colors. You'll do the same! Hooray on being finished!
good luck!! sounds stressful! but you can do it!
Andrea - Good luck on the NCLEX! It is a beast of a test, but I'm sure you'll be fine. It was all the motivation I needed to never let my license lapse. Good luck!
Good luck! you will do great! I like the new look of your blog, but it's hard to read, could you change the print color :)
Post a Comment