Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Andrea Webb, RN

I did it!! With the help of the Lord of course.

I was so very unnerved by the NCLEX, I came out ready to cry. I got a ton more than the minimum number of questions, which made me way nervous. I kept repeating the words of the blessing that Chris gave me on Sunday... "you will pass your test with flying colors." And then I panicked a bit... all the thoughts of what would happen if I failed ran through my head- things I had never allowed myself to consider before.

Then I woke up yesterday with a peace that wasn't from myself. I just refused to worry about it anymore. I was checking the DOPL website periodically all day for my license to be posted. I went to Institute last night, it wasn't there. At about 10pm, when I had just finished having another DTR with Chris, I got a text from my friend Danielle telling me to check DOPL. And, when I did, I read the words on the license verification... ANDREA WEBB, REGISTERED NURSE!!!!!!

I am so very grateful to everyone who believed that I could do it, I have had so many kind words, thoughts and prayers come my way, so thank you to all of you who supported me through this. I know I really couldn't have done it without you!! I love you all!

If you ever need a nurse, I am here! Love you guys!!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Congratulations girly!!! :)

Ryan and Staci said...

Congrats!!!!!!!

Matt, Arien, Pete and Piper said...

Congrats Andrea, that is so very exciting!!! You will be a wonderful nurse, you totally picked the right career!!

Kate said...

Congrats!!! The other day I realized I completely forgot to check up on you and see how the test went, I am so happy for you!