Last week was a bittersweet week for me. Jonathan (my little brother) entered the MTC and Ken left for his China trip. I also bought a new car. So, there was the elation of being able to go where I want with a very pretty Subaru Outback taking me there and being lonely without some important boys in my life...
Jonathan entered the MTC on Wednesday last week. The new curbside drop off at the MTC is really a blessing in disguise. The hugs are shorter, there is less sentiment and off they go. No pomp and circumstance. It was great for Jon, he was so ready to go (you returned missionaries will understand that feeling well). He saw a friend while we were standing there taking pictures... he'll take his little Spanky-like personality with him wherever he is. He's going to be such a great missionary!! I am so proud of him!!

This is Jon and I a few years ago on a family vacation... I miss J-Dawg!
Later that day I hit the dealer and bought my 2009 Metallic Gray Subaru Outback. It was a long, laborious project that ended with me a great deal poorer but driving off the lot in a shiny, pretty new car! I own a station wagon... I guess that makes me a step closer to being a granola and a mommy. Though neither of those are really reality, its fun to think, right?

This is not my exact car, but the same make, model and color. Pretty, isn't she?
Then, Saturday morning I took Ken to the airport. He flew away to China for a month. It was brutal, though I didn't cry at the airport, I have done my share of crying since. He called me from San Francisco where he had a layover. He got there safe, but his luggage is taking longer to find him than he'd like. We were on skype chatting last night, which was good. Hopefully we'll be able to talk again soon. I miss that boy!
Sigh. This is our cutest pic thus far. I miss this crazy boy.



4 comments:
That is a very cute picture of you and your new fella. And I love your new car - and isn't new car smell the best smell ever?
Man, when I'm depressed I just buy a new shirt! Just kidding. This HAS been an eventful week for you! Hopefully the month will zoom by and your new car will ease the sting! And Jon will be great!
:) like that pic girl! What is a month apart???
You have a car!!! YAY!!! I'm sure that is nice...Exciting for your bro although i know you miss him. And your new boy...a month in china...wow...distance makes the heart grow fonder- right? :) We'll have to catch up...still so sad it didn't work out to see you over christmas. I'll have to come visit again soon :) XOXO
Post a Comment