Friday, March 12, 2010

Today.

Well, blogging world, since I haven't posted since January, I think its time for an update! And, looks like today is the day. Here's what is going on in my life:

Work: Is crazy, but I think we are approaching the end of respiratory season, so it will calm soon. Love the extra money, love the kids, and love the job, but relief is an appropriate emotion here!

Ken: Is home for over a month now! I'm totally enjoying my boy! I love him!! Sad news is that he will most likely have to return to China in late April, early May... which makes me crazy. Oh well, look for me to be planning lots of lunches and girls nights around then! I need to catch up with my peeps!

Fam: Jonathan got pneumonia in the MTC, but is now in the Phillipines... I miss my J-Dawg. But Adam is coming home in 19 days!! I'm so excited!! My bro Matt was Niko, the flying monkey captain (did you know he had a name? I sure didn't) in his Middle School production of The Wizard of Oz- Ken and I went and enjoyed Matt's stunning rendition of a flying monkey. It was great. Also, in early February, my cousin Chris passed away very unexpectedly. It was quite the experience, but it makes me so grateful for the doctrine of eternal marriage and the Plan of Salvation. Also, I sure love both my immediate and extended families. We are there for each other through thick and thin... and that is certainly comforting!

Church: I was released from my calling as the FHE Coordinator for my ward, only to be called as the Second Counselor in the Stake Relief Society Presidency (what the heck, right?). I was also asked to speak in Stake Conference... oh the joy. But, truly, this new calling is stretching me, and I am so blessed to work with some amazing women, and I have the incredible opportunity of meeting the awesome sisters of the stake. Sometimes the Lord has a great sense of humor in answering our prayers.

Weather: Sorry to all of you winter lovers... HERE COMES SPRING!! I am overjoyed! I have to admit that I love the sunshine- it makes me giddy!!

Well, I hope that catches you all up on the me stuff!!! Not too interesting, but there it is!!

2 comments:

colby said...

glad you're alive and well!

bhblood said...

Hooray for blog updates! Glad to hear that things are SO good for you! Can't wait to see you- for sure when Adam comes home!