Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Epiphany!! HE'S JUST NOT THAT INTO ME!!!

I know, it sounds harsh. But once we learn that we are the exception, and not the rule, we will all be able to sleep better at night!


I saw the movie He's Just Not That Into You this weekend! And, man, I thought that after having read the book several times I was cured (I know, I am totally lame). But I'm not.  I think that along with all the other morning affirmations you say in the mirror, I guess we must include 'He's Just Not That Into' as one of them.


 I bought the book in my younger days at the advice of my grandmother (yes, I know- pathetic! But my g-ma was pretty dang cool!) and read it. I have subsequently gotten back together with the guy that I initially read it to get over about a hundred times.  Then I came home from my mission and read it again, thinking it would empower me to find Mr. Right, when really I have done it over and over again!

For those who have seen the movie, I consider myself a cross between Gigi and Beth, though that's only a self appraisal! 
  The movie was another attempt to get my butt moving and continue to say to myself- 'He's Just Not That Into You!!!!! every morning, until maybe someday he (whoever that is) will actually be into me. For now, I have to do something about being pathetic!

No comments: